22nd African Union (AU) Summit, holding in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - The US government is sending a high-powered, 10-member delegation to the 22nd African Union (AU) Summit, holding in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 30-31 January, the US State Department said in a press statement, received here Tuesday by PANA.
It said that the delegation would be led by Deputy Secretary of State, William Burns.
Other members of the delegation, including high-level officials from across the US government, are as follows:-
- Assistant Secretary for African Affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield.
- Deputy to the US Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Rexon Ryu.
- U.S. Special Envoy for Sudan and South Sudan, Donald Booth.
- U.S. Special Envoy for the Great Lakes and the DRC, Russell D. Feingold.
- USAID Associate Administrator, Mark Feierstein.
- USAID Assistant Administrator for Africa, Earl Gast.
- Acting Assistant to the Administrator for Food Security, Tjada McKenna.
- Assistant US Trade Representative for Africa, Florizelle Liser.
- Special Assistant to the President and NSC Senior Director for African Affairs, Grant Harris.
According to the statement, the US delegation will meet with a variety of AU and regional officials to discuss how the US and the AU are working together towards important shared priorities for Africa.